Please find below updated information received from HMRC.
- Guidance on the closure of all non-essential businesses and premises as part of further social distancing measures. This directive applies to any business providing holiday accommodation including short-term lets such as hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, boarding houses and caravan sites.
- The Government has issued guidance and advice for those providing hotel and other accommodation in the UK. An exception has been made for key workers, who can continue to stay in hotels or similar where required, and for people living in these premises as interim abodes whilst their primary residence is unavailable. Where people live permanently in caravan parks, or are staying in caravan parks as interim abodes where their primary residence is not available, they may also continue to do so.
- Restaurants/ catering outlets providing takeaway or delivery services can remain open.
- Where hotels, hostels, and B&Bs are providing rooms to support homeless people, through arrangements with local authorities and other public bodies, they should remain open.
- The COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility is now open. Information for businesses in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland has also been added.
- Updates to the Guidance for UK businesses trading internationally, including a business support helpline.
- Updated guidance has been released which sets out details of eligibility and delivery of the Small Business Grants Fund (SBGF) and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF).
- Extra protection has been announced for commercial tenants to protect them from eviction if they are unable to pay rent because of coronavirus.
- New guidance on staying at home and away from others has been released – the guidance covers staying at home, closing non-essential shops and public spaces, stopping public gatherings and delivering these new measures.
What to do next
The content of the above comes directly from the HMRC. Should you need any further assistance or advice then please contact us on 01332-369999 or via the contact form from our website http://www.milestone-solutions.co.uk